About Rich Gallagher
For the last twenty years, Painting by Rich Gallagher has provided residents in New Haven County with the best in residential and commercial painting. Rich values the craft of painting, perfectionism, and attention to detail. Taking the time to focus on smaller details, such as hand brushing a cabinet door, careful crown trim molding, sanding imperfections, or matching colors to compliment a natural wood surface, Rich Gallagher has refinished and restored some of the finest homes on the Connecticut Shoreline and believes each home is as unique as its owner.
Painting by Richard Gallagher is comprised of a small crew of skilled painters, that have apprenticed under Rich. The company has remained small as to not jeopardize the quality and integrity of their work. With a proud history, resulting in Rich’s passion for his work and his commitment to exceed customer expectations, each project is a reflection of their commitment to making your home or business look the best it possibly can.
Allow the experts at Painting by Rich Gallagher to offer you a free estimate to determine what is required to bring your homer business to its ultimate beauty. Exceeding competitors painting warranties, Rich offers a 3 year exterior warranty and a 5 year interior warranty on most interior and exterior painting or staining projects.
Commitment to Excellence
All exterior surfaces to be primed, painted, or stained are first tested with our self-calibrated moisture instrument to ensure that the moisture content is near 15% or under. Studies indicate that the number one cause for exterior paint or stain failure is due to excessive moisture in the substrate prior to the application of paint or stain.
- Cover floors, windows, counters, cabinets
- Surface preparation: sanding & compound
- Removal of electrical plates, lights, etc.
- Moving furniture
- Priming walls
- Applying 2 coats of paint
- Complete clean-up
- Rosin paper countertops & flooring
- Cover backslashes, windows & appliances
- Plastic cover doorways (fumes & dust)
- Mask off the wall & cabinets
- Remove cabinet doors & drawer pulls
- Repair surface nicks: wood putty
- Sand all surfaces for adherance
- Wipe down surfaces
- Prime or stain & paint
- Apply protective topcoat
- Pressure wash exterior: proper adherence
- Scrape & sand loose paint
- Repair surface flaws: exterior compound
- Re-caulk windowsills & doors to be painted
- Repair & re-putty windows
- Drop cloths used to protect flowerbeds
- Prime bare wood where repairs were made